Two high quality magazines delivered free through letterboxes, to over 18,500 homes and businesses in mid-Essex villages
Advertising in The Village Emporium works.
On average 80% of advertisers continue to re-book because: -
- Local people use local businesses.
- The magazines are kept, read and re-read – it’s a conscious decision to enjoy a cup of tea or glass of wine while reading an enjoyable magazine.
- Readers value the locally focused information.
- We reach customers in rural areas, often with few services on their doorsteps.
- We ‘talk’ to customers that don’t use social media – don’t forget, not everyone likes it!
- Readers trust our publications. This benefits the credibility of your brand.
- You will be right there when they need services or products or are looking for places to go.
- Our team delivers our magazines free, through the letterbox, and we monitor our distributors using GPS tracking. The bi-monthly format gives you flexibility to change ads to reflect seasonal, topical and promotional needs.
- You get a free entry in our online directory for the duration of your advert.
We have a dedicated delivery team, most of whom have been delivering magazines for us for many years. They know the routes and use a GPS tracking app so we can be sure that every copy gets delivered and your advert reaches prospective customers.
Our team is also able to deliver flyers with The Village Emporium magazines six times per year. Flyers can be targeted to specific villages and the minimum quantity is 1,000. Contact us to discuss which locations you are interested in and we will confirm the quantities needed. Leaflets banded in quantities of 100 qualify for a small discount.
£45+VAT per 1,000 for leaflets banded in quantities of 100
£50+ VAT per 1.000 for loose leaflets
It's easy to advertise:
- Email us to get a quote on exactly what you'd like
- Call us to discuss the best size of advert to suit your requirements. We can also talk through editorials, competitions and news pages.
- Click here for tips on making your advert as effective as possible.
When contacting The Village Emporium team, you can:
- Book by email or phone
- Reserve your ad space
- Discuss your design needs
- Bookings are subject to our terms and conditions click here.
- You will receive an email booking confirmation when you reserve your space.
- Invoices are payable within 14 days, in advance of publication.
- Payment is preferred by BACS, alternatively card payment can be taken over the phone.
- If you have already designed your advert, please double check that it corresponds with our size and artwork specifications.
- Email your artwork to firstname.lastname@example.org by the copy deadline.
- If you'd like some help with the artwork, simply send in the text and any pictures or logos you'd like to appear on your advert. We'll give you a quote for our designer to create an ad for you.
- We will make a minimum charge of £15+VAT for the design and artwork of adverts for a single issue booking.
- Design is free for bookings of three issues or more. (Please note: Any artwork or design created by The Village Emporium, and provided free of charge as part of your advertising package, remains our property and cannot be used elsewhere without prior arrangement at which time a fee may be charged.)
- We may be able to adapt an existing advert and will advise you in advance of any charges.
Our magazines – areas
The Village Emporium is distributed through letterboxes, with GPS tracking, to more than 30 villages, between the towns of Brentwood and Billericay in the south of the region, with Chelmsford at the centre of the region, through to Witham, Maldon and Tiptree in the north of our distribution area.
Delivering to: Bicknacre, Danbury, Goldhanger, Great Braxted, Great Totham, Heybridge Basin, Langford, Little Baddow, Little Braxted, Little Totham, Nounsley, Salcott cum Virley, Tollesbury, Tolleshunt D’Arcy, Tolleshunt Knights, Tolleshunt Major, Ulting, Wickham Bishops, Woodham Mortimer, Woodham Walter.
Delivering to: Downham, East Hanningfield, Fryerning, Galleywood, Howe Green, Ingatestone, Margaretting, Ramsden Bellhouse, Ramsden Heath, Rettendon, Sandon, South Hanningfield, Stock, West Hanningfield.